Monday, April 23, 2018

Yet Just Another Near Miss and Slight Delay in the Trip...

After getting to our car slightly ahead of the girls, at a few minutes to 10 AM, I caught an official about to give me a parking ticket for being parked in a location you cannot be parked at starting at the top of the hour.  After he left, I packed the car, the girls came, and we got in the car...  That is when we realized that for the past 10 minutes or so the tram has not moved that was parked along side us..


It turns out that there was some sort of accident as you can see in the picture above with the busted out window.  Directly in front of me was a delivery truck, which appeared to be the other vehicle involved in the accident.  And directly behind me was a street corner, however, Brussels has metal poles lining the sidewalks so there was no possibility of escaping that way neither.  We were trapped!  Luckily, they did clear the scene after about 10 minutes, and we were able to get on our way back to the Netherlands.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were parked on the tracks holding up the train! LOL!

    ReplyDelete